|Training Project for Majors in Animation (Non-normal)|
1. Training Objectives
This major aims to cultivate application-oriented and innovative talents who master basic knowledge and skills of animation creation, are able to engage in animation planning, animation creation, animation promotion and animation application in film, video and animation producing teams, animation application institutions and enterprises and public institutions for animation spread, and are capable of teaching animation and doing research in schools of different levels and types.
2. Requirements for the Talents
Students in this major mainly learn the history and current situation of animation, basic procedure of animation creation and spread, and the basic principles and skills of animation creation to consolidate their basis for their animation career in the future.
Specified in the following aspects:
1. Know about the CPC’s and state’s guidelines, policies and regulations in the fields of film,television, drama, culture and art, possess good political, ideological and moral quality and the consciousness of legal system, integrity and teamwork, have relatively high Chinese and Western traditional culture attainment and literature and art attainment, and the modern consciousness and social communication awareness.
2. Basically master the instrumental knowledge in foreign language, computer and information technology application, bibliographic query and thesis writing, and the humanities and social sciences knowledge in literature and art, history and philosophy, politics, ideology and morality, psychology and management science.
3. Master necessary theories of animation and have relatively strong skills of animation planning, creating and promotion.
4. Independently complete at least one of major stages from animation planning, creation to promotion, cooperate with other people to scheme, create and promote one to two animation short films or animation application projects of certain professional level.
5. Be basically capable of comprehensively analyzing the animation work in planning with professional knowledge and skills, interpreting its meaning and grasping its style, realizing it with the help of corresponding animation skills, and efficiently promote one’s own animation work.
3. Training Model
The university’s general training model is : general education + basic professional education + professional education On this basis, according to the engineering characteristic that animation major has work output , this major implements the CIDO model of international engineering education reform in the practical teaching of each course. It allows students to learn in the process of starting a project and keeping the project alive, focuses on practical teaching and operational ability, advocates that project engineering teaching should be based on the creativity and feasibility of specific project and develop from practice to theory and come back to practice finally, with creating the final product being the teaching objective.
4. Time Arrangement
This major implements flexible school system (3 to 6 years) and basic school system is four years. Students are allowed to graduate one year in advance or delay their graduation. With the approval of the university, the students can suspend from the school and do part-time work. However, the study period (including suspension time) usually can not be over six years.
Basic school years (4 years) Education and Teaching Schedule (unit: week)
5. Standards for Graduation
1.Qualifications of graduation: be qualified in ideology and politics, complete all the courses regulated in this major’ s plan, finish diploma project and pass the thesis defense, acquire corresponding credits, and the structure of the acquired credits is in accordance with the requirement.
2. Award a degree: those who are qualified for graduation and meet the requirements of a bachelor’s degree in Yunnan Normal University will be awarded the degree of Bachelor of Arts.
6. Curriculum Provision (teaching plan)
(1) Course type and structural proportion
(2) Curriculum Plan (basic school system)
General Table of Curriculum Plan
2. Curriculum Schedule of General Education
Note: each semester, the number of teaching weeks of all the university level courses (including the public part of university level in “compulsory courses and optional courses of general education”, “professional orientation courses of teachers’ education”, “basic disciplinary courses ” and” professional basic courses”) is 16.
2. Curriculum Schedule of Professional Education
Curriculum Schedule of Professional Orientation
Choose only one direction and the class periods and structure of credits of each orientation are the same.
Schedule of Professional Optional Courses
(Editors in charge: Ruan Yanping, Wang Wen)