|Training Project for Majors in the Art of Broadcasting and Presentation (Non-normal)|
1. Training Objectives
This major aims to train application-oriented and inter-disciplinary talents who has mastered disciplinary knowledge and skills about Chinese language and literature, journalism and communication, and drama, film and television studies, and who can engage in broadcasting, presentation and news transmission in media institutes like radio stations and TV stations and some other related institutes.
2. Requirements for the Talents
Basic requirements: Students in this major mainly study basic theories of Chinese language and literature, journalism and communication, Chinese broadcasting, art, drama, film and television, and they receive basic training of pronunciation of mandarin, sound production in broadcasting, audio language expression, broadcasting and TV programs and creation in program’s broadcasting and presentation to master basic ability of artistic creation of audio language and broadcasting and presentation.
Specified in the following aspects:
1. Master basic theories of Chinese language and literature, journalism and communication, art and drama, film and television studies, and knows well the knowledge about philosophy, politics, history, economy, society, law, psychology and aesthetics which are related to this major.
2. Master standardized mandarin and do well in sound production of broadcasting and presentation, language expression, broadcasting and presentation programs of news, variety shows, society and education and features, recitation of literature works, acting in films and TV plays, and dubbing.
3. Be familiar with the strategies, policies and related regulations about the Communist Party of China and state news report, master basic skills of producing news report and news program, and know basic communication technology and equipment.
4. Master basic methods of bibliographic retrieval and data query, preliminary scientific research ability, and better innovation cognition and adaptability.
5. Master basic skills of listening, speaking, reading, writing , translation, interpretation and using computers.
3. Training Model
General education + Basic professional education + Professional education
With the guideline of “extending the range, consolidating the basis, teaching students in accordance with their aptitude and training students in different directions”, the first and second year are for general education and basic professional education, and the third and fourth year is for professional education and education of profession orientation, emphasizing teaching students in accordance with their aptitude and cultivation of individuation.
4. Time Arrangement
Basic school system is four years and flexible school system (3 to 6 years) is also carried out. Students are allowed to graduate one year in advance or delay their graduation. With the approval of the university, the students can suspend from the school and do part-time work. However, the study period (including suspension time) usually can not be over six years.
Basic school years (4 years) Education and Teaching Schedule (unit: week)
5. Standards for Graduation
1 Qualifications of graduation: be qualified in ideology and politics, complete all the courses regulated in this major’s plan, pass the thesis defense, acquire corresponding credits, and the structure of the acquired credits is in accordance with the requirement.
2. Award a degree: those who are qualified for graduation and meet the requirements of a bachelor’s degree in Yunnan Normal University will be awarded the degree of Bachelor of Arts.
6. Curriculum Provision (teaching plan)
(1) Course Type and Structural Proportion
(2) Curriculum Plan (basic school system)
General table of curriculum plan
Curriculum Schedule of General Education
Note: each semester, the number of teaching weeks of all the university level courses (including the public part of university level in “compulsory courses and optional courses of general education”, “professional orientation courses of teachers’ education”, “basic disciplinary courses” and”professional basic courses”) is 16.
2. Curriculum Schedule of Professional Education Courses
Professional Optional Courses Schedule
Editors in charge: Zhou Yun, Cui Mei, Chu Yan