|Training Project for Majors in Broadcast and Television Directing (Non-normal)|
1. Training Objectives
This major aims to cultivate inter-disciplinary and innovative talents who have mastered professional knowledge and skills in directing, scheming, creating and making of broadcast and TV programs, have relatively high political awareness, theoretic culture and art appreciation ability, and can engage in the scheming, creating, editing, making, copy writing, promotion and management of broadcast and TV programs in broadcast and TV institutions, news institutions, and other media, enterprises and public institutions. The students of this major mainly need to learn about journalism and communication, arts and the development history and creation rules of various art types, familiarize the creation rules of broadcast and TV programs, know producing technology of broadcast and TV programs, and accept the ideas and producing training of broadcast and TV program creation, being the broadcast and TV talents with independent creation ability.
2. Requirements for the Talents
Basic standards: extending the range, consolidating the basis, teaching students in accordance with their aptitude and training students in different directions. The basis is generous humanist spirit and scientific literacy, the core is innovation and practice ability and the symbol is comprehensive quality.
Specified in the following aspects:
1. Know about the guideline, policies and regulations of the CPC and the state in news and literature publicity, and the current situation of theories and technologies of broadcast and TV, have both healthy physical and psychological quality, and good teamwork awareness and communication ability.
2. Master basic theories and knowledge of broadcast and TV communication, accept the basic skills training in directing, scheming, interviewing and writing, shooting, making and hosting of broadcast and TV programs, familiarize the creating methods and making skills of broadcast and TV programs, have basic ability in the management of broadcast and TV programs, channels and some other aspects, possess the thinking and expressing ability that combines visual and audio, and master the basic skills of visual and audio creating with multi-media technologies.
3. Master computer and network application skills and basic methods of bibliographic retrieval and data query,be able to do scientific research, acquire information and knowledge and analyze and solve problems independently, innovate and conduct social activities, and possess the quality and ability of expanding to broader professional areas and doing further study to adapt to future competition mechanism.
4. Reach CET 4 level or master a foreign language, be able to read foreign professional books and journals, and have certain ability in reading, speaking, writing, translating and interpreting.
5. Have relatively high art culture and art creation ability, master scientific and rational analyzing methods, and have innovation consciousness and the ability to think, analyze and solve problems independently.
3. Training Model
General education + Basic professional education + Professional education
The first and second years are for general education and basic professional education, and the third and fourth years are for professional education and education of profession orientation.
The first two years are mainly for consolidating the basis with major courses in general knowledge and disciplinary basis. The later two years are for professional education with focus on main courses of the profession and professional (orientation) optional courses, emphasizing teaching students in accordance with their aptitude and differentiation training.
4. Time Arrangement
Basic school system is four years and flexible school system (3 to 6 years) is also carried out. Students are allowed to graduate one year in advance or delay their graduation. With the approval of the university, the students can suspend from the school and do part-time work. However, the study period (including suspension time) usually can not be over six years.
Basic school years (4 years) Education and Teaching Schedule (unit: week)
5. Standards for Graduation
1. Qualifications of graduation: be qualified in ideology and politics, complete all the courses regulated in this major’s plan, pass the thesis defense, acquire the minimum total credits required.
2. Award a degree: those who are qualified for graduation and meet the requirements of a bachelor’s degree in Yunnan Normal University will be awarded the degree of Bachelor of Arts.
6. Curriculum Provision (teaching plan)
(1) Course type and structural proportion
Curriculum Plan (basic school system)
General Table of Curriculum Plan
2. Curriculum Schedule of General Education Courses
2. Curriculum Schedule of Professional Education Courses
Professional optional courses schedule
(Editor in charge: Li Miao)